A Q&A WITH GEORGI
- Born When: 13 October 1955
- Born Where: Yerevan, Armenia
- Number of Brothers: –
- Number of Sisters: One
- Where did you live when you were a child: Yerevan
- What were your favorite things to do when you were a child or a teenager? Studying at school and playing football
FAMILY LIFE: MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN
- When were you married? May 1984
- Where were you married? Yerevan
- What is your husband/wife’s name? Alina
- What does your husband/wife do? She is a pediatric ophthalmologist.
- What do you and your husband do together as a hobby or for fun? Attend cinema and theatre.
- How many children do you have? Two (a son and a daughter)
- What are their personal and career goals? The son is going to become a doctor, the daughter is sill a schoolgirl.
- What is the best thing about being a mother/father? Just to be a father.
- What is the hardest thing about being a working father? When you are very busy at work, there is less time left for the family.
- How do you balance work and time for being a father? With great difficulty.
- Do you have a personal philosophy of your life? –
- What are the three most important qualities you look for in a friend? Honesty, faithfulness, kindness
- How do you define success for yourself? Good results of surgery.
- What are the most important things you can teach your children? To be kind and honest
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Where did you get your education? In Yerevan
- What are the most important things you learned? Medicine
- What are your future plans? To work in Armenia and help Armenians
- What can you tell about your working experience – where have you worked before? I have always worked in the Republican Eye Hospital. I have 25 years of experience. I have done thousands of surgeries. It is a pleasure to be a doctor.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- What are your hobbies? Swimming
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? I spend those hours with my family.
- What is your favorite book? Why? “War and Peace” after L. Tolstoy, because there is too much philosophy there.
- What is your favorite memory? The birth of my children.
COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES
- I wish I always be healthy.
- The most important lesson I ever learned is how to treat patients.
- Work is important to me because it fills my life.
- The EyeCare Project is important to Armenia because its major goal helps to prevent blindness in Armenia.
- What is life like living in Armenia? Excellent
- What do you think are the biggest challenges faces right now? Armenia Economics
- Do you think Armenia will be able to meet those challenges? No
- What is the most difficult thing about living in Armenia? Social conditions
- What do you like most about Armenia? Because it is our motherland
- How has Armenia changed in the last ten years? It is prospering and blossoming.
Please tell us anything else about yourself that you think would be interesting to our readers.
Recently I had a very complicated case (a patient with chemical injury). I performed 5 surgeries and finally today the patient can see. I am very happy.