Discover how simple, yet significant it is to make a gift through your will and help the EyeCare Project Bring Sight to Armenian Eyes.
Remembering the EyeCare Project in your will contributes to the Project’s long term financial strength, ensuring access to eye care for the people in Armenia. It is also the easiest major gift you can make.
- It’s revocable. If your plans or circumstances change, you can easily revise your gift plans.
- It’s simple. All it takes is one paragraph in your will or a simple one-page amendment.
- It’s flexible. You can give us a specific asset or a share of what’s left over in your estate after your heirs are cared for. You can choose to support a particular program or let the EyeCare Project decide where your gift is most needed.
Make a transformational gift to the EyeCare Project
today with a gift through your will
- Your gift costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- Your gift preserves your savings and your cash flow.
- Your gift is revocable, so you can make changes as required.
- Your gift allows you to be far more generous than you ever thought possible.
- Your gift is easier to arrange than you think. A simple one-page addendum to your will or trust is all it takes.
Bring hope and sight to Armenians for generations to come with a gift through your will and one of three types of bequests
The simplest way to make a Planned Gift is by naming the Project in your will. A bequest is a meaningful way to support the Foundation without affecting your cash flow during your lifetime. Your attorney can include it when you prepare or revise your will or you can add a codicil at any time. There are three types of bequests.
- Specific Bequest. A specific bequest indicates the amount of cash, securities or other asset you wish to leave to the Project. Or it can indicate a specific percentage of the total value of your estate. You can make a bequest to the Foundation for a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate. I give, devise, and bequeath to the Armenian EyeCare Project the sum of dollars ($ x.xx) as an unrestricted gift, to be used at the sole discretion of the Project. Or, you can make a bequest for specific assets, such as securities, real estate or personal property. Please be as specific as possible in identifying the property.
I give, devise, and bequeath to the Armenian EyeCare Project my [insert description or identifying information of the asset], to be used and/or disposed of, as the EyeCare Project determines, in its sole discretion, for its general charitable purposes.
- Residuary Bequest. A residuary bequest leaves the remaining portion of your estate (or a percentage of the total) after all other bequests have been satisfied. You can make a residuary bequest, which gives all or a portion of the residue of your estate to the Foundation after payment of expenses and any specific amounts designated to other beneficiaries. I give, devise, and bequeath to the Armenian EyeCare Project X percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate as an unrestricted gift, to be used at the sole discretion of the Foundation.
- Contingency Bequest. You can make the Project the recipient of a contingency bequest, which takes into account the possibility of a change in your beneficiary’s circumstances. For example, you might leave the Project a bequest if another heir predeceases you. You can make a contingency bequest to the Project, which allows you to account for a change in your beneficiary’s circumstances. I give, devise, and bequeath [insert name] X percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate if s/he survives me. If [insert name] does not survive me, I give, devise, and bequeath to the Armenian EyeCare Project, X percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate as an unrestricted gift, to be used at the sole discretion of the Project.
- Unrestricted and Restricted Gifts. Gifts that do not restrict the Project’s use (unrestricted gifts) are especially appreciated by the Project and are of more value as they allow the Project to channel resources where the needs are the greatest. The Project is also grateful for gifts that are designated for a specific purpose that advances its mission (restricted gifts), such as support to a specific initiative or for a specific program.
If you are interested in making a restricted gift, it is important that you include the following language to ensure that the Project may re-direct the use of your gift if the specified initiative, program, or purpose ceases to need funds in the future:
I give, devise, and bequeath to the Armenian EyeCare Project the sum of _______ dollars ($_____) to be used for the [insert name of Armenian EyeCare Project program] for so long as the Project determines that the need exists. Should the need no longer exist, the Project may, in its sole discretion, direct the use of my bequest for a purpose related as closely as possible to that stated above.
If you’d like to learn more about including the EyeCare Project in your will please
- Call the EyeCare Project at 949-933-4069
- E-Mail Planned Giving@eyecareproject.com
Or go to www.eyecareproject.com to request more information.
Where We Work