Especially for Children
The leading cause of blindness in children is eye injury and three out of four of children’s eye injuries happen when no adult is present.
- Avoid toys with sharp or rigid points, shafts, spikes, rods and dangerous edges.
- Do not let children of any age use projectile-firing toys without adult supervision.
- Pad or cushion sharp corners and edges of furnishing and home fixtures.
- Install cabinet and drawer locks in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Do not let children play in areas where cats and dogs go to the bathroom.
- Do not let children play with sticks